First thing to do is create a table for search phrase sessions:
- Right-click in Blank Workspace > Table > Search > Search Phrase
- Right-click Top of Left-hand Column (which will be “Search Phrase”) > Mask > At Least One > Extended > Session
- Right-click Top of Left-hand Column > Mask > Display Search Bar
In the Search Bar, you will enter your keywords using the following formula:
re:.*keyword 1.*|.*keyword 2.*|.*keyword 3.*
(and so on – use formula in excel file to combine and concatenate)
For Large Keyword Lists, I’ve created a simple excel file to help you speed up the process of inputting the keywords into the Display Search Bar
Download Excel 2007 File Here (See instructions below)
Excel File Instructions:
- Paste your list of keywords into cell B2
- If your keyword list is longer than 150 keywords you will need to drag the formulas down to the end of your keyword list for columns A, C, D and E.
- Your excel file and corresponding column E will look similar to the screenshot below when you paste your keywords in to column B.
- Copy and Paste Column E into Column F – Remember to Select “Paste Special” > Values
- For Column G, you must use the CONCATENATE Formula in Excel. Your formula, within the cell, should look like this:
- SPECIAL NOTE: Within the CONCATENATE Formula you use, notice that there is a comma separating F2 and F3. This is how it has to be SO…never use a colon (:)!!!
- I have provided a sample formula below that you can just copy and paste into the CONCATENATE formula if you have a lot of keywords:
PLEASE Adjust accordingly!
- ALMOST DONE! – Next, copy cell G2 (where the CONCATENATE formula is) into cell F2…Copy > Paste Special > Values
- What you will get will look something similar to the following within cell G2:
- Copy the contents of cell G2 into the Display Search Bar after you have entered “re:” – without the quote signs.
- Hit Enter and your good to go!