One of the more common Adobe™ Insight issues that we have been hearing about is the screen alignment in Windows 7™ when using the Aero desktop. When Insight is maximized, you get a strange bar at the top of the screen and mouse clicks don’t align with where the pointer is on the screen. The issue is caused by Windows 7′s Aero desktop (with the translucent taskbar).
If you find yourself having this problem, there is a very easy solution. Create a desktop shortcut that automatically sets your screen to “Windows 7™ Basic” mode. This shortcut will also put your screen back into Aero mode when you are finished using Insight. It’s super simple to do!
- Create a desktop shortcut to your Insight Client
- Right-click the new shortcut and select Properties
- Choose the Compatibility tab in the Shortcut Properties Dialog Box
- Check the “Disable desktop composition” box
- Choose OK to apply the new settings and close the dialog box
*Article is reprinted from the Society Consulting Blog Post on December 9, 2011